Drum Solo Drama
Aug 7th - Sept 4th
This 4 week AROnline series is composed of 4 individual classes that will focus on technique, drills and choreography. By the end of the 4 weeks you will have learned an entire choreography full of drama, sass, technique and adrenaline! Amanda Rose will go section by section breaking down and drilling basic to advance technique and then putting it all together in a high energy drum solo choreography. A wide range of shimmies and shimmy layers will be taught, as well as traveling, isolations and sass sass sass! Up to the challenge? Amanda Rose will make sure you have many different level options for each section of choreography, allowing you to increase or soften the difficulty level depending on what you want!
You will have access to all 4 weeks of class for the entire run of the series! Re-run the technique, practice the choreography, add more demanding layers as you go and all in your own time from anywhere in the world! Want feedback on how you're doing?? Amanda Rose offered technique and choreography feedback options to make sure you get the most out of the series!
Personal Feedback Option
Personal feedback has become a highly popular option with Amanda Rose Online, allowing students to get the most out of their long distance online study! This feedback will entail technique critique specifically towards the technique used in this choreography, general technique suggestions, evaluation of strengths and weakness, posture, application, timing, drills and ideas for skill development! This is initially offered in a 2 week package, Video 1 focusing on Week 1 & 2 technique and choreography, and Video 2 focusing on Week 3 & 4 technique and choreography. Video send in dates are August 21st and Sept 4th. You can send in your videos before or after, but the feedback will be returned at this time.
This tool is extremely valuable, not only do you get the class, basic and advanced technique, combination application and breakdown, you also will get direct feedback on your own performance of the choreography, an invaluable aspect many online classes don't offer! You can purchase additional Feedback Critiques if you wish, or if you do not choose this option and later decide you want it, you can add it on but will not get the reduced package price offered during initial registration.
Starting on Aug 7th ALL 4 weeks of class will be opened and available without limitation during the duration of the series, until Sept 4th when all classes will be closed. All necessary information, videos, links, music, etc. will be accessible on the AmandaRoseDance.com website, in the respective 'Drum Solo Drama' lesson pages.
This series is 4 weeks long, and will offer one new class for every week, for a total of 4 classes.
The lessons will be made available for ALL 4 weeks, giving you the opportunity to study a lesson all at once, in parts, at any time during the week, or even every day.
Each lesson will last a duration between 50 mins to an hour and 15 mins, depending on the technique and theory of that week. This is the full time on video without repetition, but should you wish to repeat the videos for additional drill time you are more than welcome to do so at your leisure and have access to the videos for an entire week.
If you are participating in the Personal Feedback aspect of this series you will be asked to submit your video to Amanda Rose by Aug 21st (Week 1 & 2) and Sept 4th (Week 3 & 4).
The "Drum Solo Drama" course will have a designated Facebook group for the duration of the course allowing participants to interact, ask questions and work through the material together. Amanda Rose will accessible through this group, as well a through email, for clarification or any questions you might have along the way. Additionally, during the course of the intensive Private Lessons with Amanda Rose will available at a discounted rate for course participants!
INCLUDED IN THIS SERIES
- A new original Amanda Rose Drum Solo Choreography.
- There are 4 weeks of classes including choreography & technique instruction.
- Class/Video time ranging from 50 mins to 1 hour and 15 mins per each lesson.
- Opportunity for additional training with material by having access to the videos for 4 weeks, allowing you to take the class as many times as you wish within that time.
- Optional Personal Feedback in a 2 week package!
- Intermediate to advanced level material to inspire your
own combinations and incorporate into your own choreographies.
- Technique breakdown and explanation.
- Technique drills to develop the skills necessary for a high
level execution of the movements.
- Training in your own time and convenience,
access to each lesson for 4 weeks allowing for repeat usage.
- Interactive Facebook group to ask questions and engage
with other course participants and Amanda Rose.
- Returning Amanda Rose Online students receive first notice to sign up for classes, prizes, and special discounts!
- Reduced price Private Lessons with Amanda Rose during
the online course, available for only $50 an hour! See Private Lessons for more info!
As an instructor my goal is to expand the mind of each of my students, to challenge them with technique that will set them free and teach them skills to allow their own artistic dreams come to fruition. It is never my goal to create dancers that look or dance like me, but to help each student and artist accomplish their own goals by giving them tools that will make the path to their own artistic expression more tangible. I appreciate all styles within the Middle Eastern dance genre, as well as other dance forms, and my desire is to help people express themselves how they wish to be seen regardless of style. I am a firm believer in understanding the roots and origin of movement styles, especially those based in culture and society, and then building your own expression with artistic integrity based in knowledge and thoughtful approach.
COST & REGISTRATION
The "Drum Solo Drama" series is an 4 week course including: a brand new Amanda Rose original Drum Solo choreography, technique breakdown, explanations with added drills, as well as an interactive Facebook group to engage with other course participants and Amanda Rose with an additional Personal Feedback option! With access to each lesson for ALL 4 weeks, it allows for study of the material in your own time, even multiple times a week to maximize your training. The full cost of the series is $75, and the additional add on of personalized feedback critiques from Amanda Rose is $100. All payments are made through Paypal. A registration form must be received and an Amanda Rose Online consent form for each new AROnline participate must be filled out and received along with payment to confirm registration.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Fill out and submit AROnline Registration Form found here: Click here to fill out the AROnline Registration Form! (MUST DO!)
- Purchase your spot through the available Paypal buttons at the bottom of this page. (MUST DO!)
- Once you have completed 1 & 2, please fill out and return the following Amanda Rose Online Consent form before the start date of the session, if you're currently an Amanda Rose Online Alumni you will not need to fill this out again, but as a new student it is required and you will not be able to start class without! Click here to fill out the Amanda Rose Online Consent form. Without this form, you will not be permitted to start the session.
- If any of these steps are missing, the participant will not be allowed to start the series.