Fundamentals & Beyond FALL 2017
This series is back by popular demand! First introduced in early 2017, this Amanda Rose Online series is designed to introduce the most fundamental moves in bellydance, discuss technique and transition into more intermediate applications. It is also designed to introduce new students to the AROnline format and prepare them for more advanced material presents in other series. This is a great series for the beginning level dancer that wants to bridge to intermediate level, the intermediate level dancer that wants a refresher course and anyone wanting a prep series before taking more advanced AROnline material. This series is also great for teachers who work with beginning level and intermediate level students, giving different ideas about how to approach technique, examples and moving from beginning to intermediate level technique.
This series is 8 weeks long, and will offer one new class every week for a total of 8 classes.
The lessons will be made available for 1 week, giving you the opportunity to study a lesson all at once, in parts, at any time during the week, or even every day.
Each lesson stays available for one week, which allows you to return to the material for reference, clarification, to repeat the drills or take the entire lesson over again. When the next week's lesson is released, the previous lesson will be closed and no longer available. Each lesson will last a duration between 50 mins to an hour and 15 mins, depending on the technique and theory of that week. This is the full time on video without repetition, but should you wish to repeat the videos for additional drill time you are more than welcome to do so at your leisure and have access to the videos for a week.
One of the main reasons that the classes close after a week is to keep people accountable and engaged. Many times when you feel like you can go back to something at any time, you don't actually make the effort to go back and then you never do. Giving a one week limit to each class pushes people to participate and use the material, thus keeping them engaged and taking advantage of the program. There do tend to be Bonus Weeks or Surprise Weeks where the previous classes will be opened back up for review giving you a second chance at information you may want to go over or had potentially missed. If you think about that in a standard live class you only get access to the class & teacher in that very moment, and then once it's over it's gone. This format gives you unlimited access for a week, allowing you tons of flexibility with schedule and the option to retake the classes at any point letting soak up as much as possible. In addition you always have direct access to Amanda Rose through the private Fundamentals & Beyond Facebook Group, FB messenger and email for questions and comments throughout the series to address your needs.
Lessons will be released each Tuesday, starting Oct 17th to Dec 11th when the last lesson will be closed. All necessary information, videos, links, music, etc. will be accessible on the AmandaRoseDance.com website, in the respective 'Fundamentals & Beyond' lesson pages.
The "Fundamentals & Beyond" course will have a designated private Facebook group for the duration of the course allowing participants to interact, ask questions and work through the material together. Amanda Rose will be accessible through this group, FB messenger as well a through email, for clarification or any questions you might have along the way. Additionally, during the course of the series Private Lessons with Amanda Rose will available at a discounted rate for series participants!
INCLUDED IN THIS SERIES
Each class will incorporate these categories:
- Posture, Leg Positions, Arms and Hands
- One Dimensional Moves/ Single Plane
- Two Dimensional Moves/ Double Plane
- Traveling Moves/Foot Patterns
Then we will slow move into applications of that fundamentals into the intermediate level:
- Traveling with One Dimensional & Two Dimensional Moves.
- Arm Patterns & Paths as Layers.
- Traveling Moves adapted to Intermediate Level.
- Levels with One Dimensional & Two Dimensional Moves.
- Shimmy Layers with One dimensional & Two Dimensional Moves.
Comprehensively within the class:
- Beginning to Intermediate level material broken down in a clearly and concisely.
- Transition theory, how to take Beginning moves to an Intermediate level, ways to advance your movement vocabulary.
- Original Amanda Rose combinations to put technique into practice throughout the series.
- Class/Video time ranging from 50 mins to 1 hour and 15 mins per each lesson.
- Opportunity for additional training with material by having access to the videos for 1 whole week,
allowing you to take the class as many times as you wish within that time.
- Technique drills to develop the skills necessary for a deep understanding of how to execute the movements correctly
- Training in your own time and convenience, access to each lesson for 1 week allowing for repeat usage.
- For teachers, Beginning to Intermediate level material and technique to use in your own classes and workshops.
- Interactive Facebook group to ask questions and engage with other course participants and Amanda Rose.
- Returning Amanda Rose Online students receive first notice to sign up for classes, prizes, and special discounts!
- Reduced price Private Lessons with Amanda Rose during the online course,
available for only $50 an hour! See Private Lessons for more info!
As an instructor my goal is to expand the mind of each of my students, to challenge them with technique that will set them free and teach them skills to allow their own artistic dreams come to fruition. It is never my goal to create dancers that look or dance like me, but to help each student and artist accomplish their own goals by giving them tools that will make the path to their own artistic expression more tangible. I appreciate all styles within the Middle Eastern dance genre, as well as other dance forms, and my desire is to help people express themselves how they wish to be seen regardless of style. I am a firm believer in understanding the roots and origin of movement styles, especially those based in culture and society, and then building your own expression with artistic integrity based in knowledge and thoughtful approach.
COST & REGISTRATION
The "Fundamentals & Beyond" series is an 8 week course including: 8 full length classes with Amanda Rose, clear and concise technique description and application for beginning level to intermediate level including combinations to apply the technique into practice. Showing the development to bridge the gap from Beginning to Intermediate movement and creating a great base of movement for more intermediate/advanced AROnline material. In addition you have the private interactive Facebook group to engage with other course participants and Amanda Rose directly. With access to each lesson for an entire week, it allows for study of the material in your own time, over the period of the week or even multiple times a week to maximize your training. The full cost of the series for the is $120 and can be paid by Paypal using the buttons below. Payment Plans are available, allowing you to split the cost into two payments at the beginning and middle of the course. A registration form for each participate must be filled out and received along with payment to confirm registration.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Fill out and submit AROnline Registration Form found here: Click here to fill out the AROnline Registration Form! (MUST DO!)
- Purchase your spot through the available Paypal buttons at the bottom of this page. (MUST DO!)
- Once you have completed 1 & 2, please fill out and return the following Amanda Rose Online Consent form before the start date of the session, if you're currently an Amanda Rose Online Alumni you will not need to fill this out again, but as a new student it is required and you will not be able to start class without! Click here to fill out the Amanda Rose Online Consent form. Without this form, you will not be permitted to start the session.
- If any of these steps are missing, the participant will not be allowed to start the series.
PAYPAL PAYMENT OPTIONS
PAY IN FULL