Amanda Rose is a dynamic and vivacious dancer from Phoenix, Arizona. Her technical precision, emotional articulation, captivating style have started to turn the heads of some of the brightest stars in the business to watch and take notice. Having spent a little more than a decade focusing on Middle Eastern dance, she is still one of the younger dancers in the industry, but the depths of her intent will pull the feeling out of your very own soul, and taking you along for the ride.
Amanda Rose's background is as an athlete and a natural competitor. Her bellydance journey started in her teens and the rest you might say is history. The beginning of her studies were centered mainly around technical precision and effect. Pushing herself not just to be technically precise enough to move like her teachers, but challenging herself to mock the movement styles of every instructor she would stand behind. Analyzing the mechanical difference between dancers, and deducing the proper technical implementation to move like them as well. Her study with Ava Fleming was pivotal in this aspect of her development. Studying with Ava for 3 years, as well as being a member of her Black Opal Dance Company, Amanda Rose was privileged to many opportunities and a teacher that could constantly challenge her thirst for technical advancement and precision.
After time, the obvious need to balance the technical with the emotional became apparent and Amanda Rose set out to deepen her expressive abilities. This challenge took just as long, if not longer to achieve, but every experience and opportunity seemed to crack the mold sightly deeper. Amanda Rose's participation in international competitions was used as a way to push her skills further and draw out more than previously able. When she won Egyptian Bellydancer of the Universe in 2008, just 5 years after she had started to learn to bellydance, Amanda Rose saw this not as a declaration that she had "made it," but the acknowledgement that she was heading in the right direction.
While on the path to discover her emotional expression and depth, Amanda Rose began to dive deeper into the Middle Eastern culture and dance roots that are so pivotal yet so often overlooked by many. Her fondness for folkloric dances and Egyptian style was diverged from this period, studying with many Egyptian master instructors. This exploration dramatically changed how Amanda Rose saw dance and envisioned it. Her time working with master instructors always left her with an insatiable feeling, like someone had tugged on just the right string in her heart. The folkloric roots and basis for bellydance cannot be denied, and through her exploration of folklore she has felt ever more closer to the natural essence of the art form. In efforts to grow her understanding, she had studied with Sahra Saeeda and partaken in her Journey Through Egypt program, as well as studying Arabic language and culture.
There have been many highlights along the road, and many more to come! Here are some of them:
- Egyptian Bellydancer of the Universe 2008
- Favorite Interpretive Artist 2012 - Arizona MECDA
- Bellydance Evolution Dark Side of the Crown - Los Angeles 2012
- Midwest Bellydance Challenge Professional 2008
Instructional & Performance DVDs
- 'Embellish Your Dance' New Instructional DVD w/ Amanda Rose
produced by Cheeky Girls Produtions 2013
- 'Stars of Bellydance' performance dvd with IAMED 2012
- 'Melodies of Cairo' performance dvd with Sphinx Records 2011
- 'The Spirit of Bellydance' performance dvd with Hollywood Music Center
- 'Rhythm Movement for Dancers' instructional dvd with Souhail Kaspar 2008
- 'Bellydance 007' and 'Bellydance-O-Rama 2' with Black Opal Dance Company 2006-7
Sharing The Stage
- Amanda Rose has had the honor of collaborating or sharing the stage with some of the worlds most elite artists in bellydance, including; Randa Kamel, Jillina, Sharon Kihara, Orit Mafstir, Soraya of Cairo, Sadie Marquardt, Munique Neith, Kaeshi, Mohamed Shahin, Sahra Saeeda, Virginia, Kami Liddle, Aubre, Princess Farhana, Aziza, Ansuya, Karim Nagi, Roxxane Shelb, Fahtiem, Ava Fleming, Lotus Niraja, DaVId of Scandinavia, Silvia Salamanca, Elizabeth Strong, Mira Betz, Nazharit Layali, Meera, Bellydance Superstars and many more.
- Zikrayat - Workshops, Competition & Show starring Tito Seif - Oct 13'
- Sahra Saeeda - Journey Through Egypt Level 1 - Feb 13'
- Cairo Nights CD Release Party - June 12'
- Khadijah Workshops - Feb 12'
- WEI Dance For Change starring Ahava - April 10'
- WEI Dance For Change - June 08'
- Raqs Sharki Movement Collective - Directed by Amanda Rose 2011 to Present
- Bellydance Evoltuion 'Dark Side of the Crown' - Directed by Jillina Los Angeles 2012
- Black Opal Dance Company - Directed by Ava Fleming 2006-08
- Jamila Lotus - Directed by Collete Dessingue 2006-08
- Sexy Scallywags - Directed by Samantha Riggs 2008
- Workshops in Tucson - Hosted by Jess Walker 2013
- Cincinnati Bellydance Convention - Hosted by Maali Shaker 2012
- Las Vegas Bellydance Intensive - Hosted by Samira 2012
- Workshops & Show in Denver - Hosted by Khadijah 2012
- Workshops & Show in Chicago - Hosted by Sonya of Arabesque 2012
- Workshops in Sevilla, Spain - Hosted by Elin 2010