Pure Technique 2018
This popular short series is back in a 6 week format with brand new material and drills! Focusing on technique, drills and movement theories, this series will make you work and then offer short combos at the end in order to pull the material into a easily drill-able format. The technique will vary from week to week including isolations, shimmies, traveling, style appropriate techniques, and more. There will not be long or detailed combinations to learn, but combinations that focus on the direct drilling of the techniques for the purpose of bettered application of the movement. This series will work on various techniques and applications with isolations throughout the body, deepening anatomic understanding and physical capacity to execute moves with greater understanding and clarity. Personal feedback is available if you want direct and detailed feedback on your application of the material! This series will have 6 weeks of class, and students will have access to each class for 1 weeks time. During this time they will have unlimited access to work with the class material, and then as a new class opened, the previous week will be closed and no longer accessible.
Personal feedback has become a highly popular option with Amanda Rose Online, allowing students to get the most out of their long distance online study! This feedback will entail technique critique specifically towards the technique used in this choreography, general technique suggestions, evaluation of strengths and weakness, posture, application, timing, drills and ideas for skill development! This tool is extremely valuable, not only do you get the class, basic and advanced technique, combination application and breakdown, you also will get direct feedback on your own performance of the choreography/combination, an invaluable aspect many online classes don't offer! You can purchase additional Feedback Critiques if you wish, or if you do not choose this option and later decide you want it, you can add it on but will not get the reduced package price offered during initial registration.
In this series there will be 3 video submissions; after Week 1 & 2, after Week 3 & 4 and after Week 5 & 6. In these videos you will perform the combinations taught in the corresponding weeks and any specific technique you may have questions about. You will promptly receive your personalized feedback giving you tips, critiques, corrections and added drill focuses.
Video submission dates are on Mondays - Weeks 1 & 2 Jan 30th, Weeks 3 & 4 Feb 13th, and Weeks 5 and 6 Feb 27th. Late submissions are allowed.
There will be a designated Facebook groups for the duration of the series allowing participants to interact, ask questions and work through the material together. Amanda Rose will accessible through this group, as well a through email, for clarification or any questions you might have along the way. Additionally, during the course of the intensive Private Lessons with Amanda Rose will available at a discounted rate for course participants!
INCLUDED IN THIS SERIES
- There are 6 weeks of classes including in-depth technique instruction and combinations.
- Class/Video time ranging from 50 mins to 1 hour and 15 mins per each lesson.
- Opportunity for additional training with material by having access to the videos for 1 full week, allowing you to take the class as many times as you wish within that time.
- Optional Personal Feedback!
- Intermediate to advanced level material to inspire your
own combinations and incorporate into your own choreographies.
- Technique breakdown and explanation.
- Technique drills to develop the skills necessary for a high
level execution of the movements.
- Training in your own time and convenience,
access to each lesson for 1 week allowing for repeat usage.
- Interactive Facebook group to ask questions and engage
with other course participants and Amanda Rose.
- Returning Amanda Rose Online students receive first notice to sign up for classes, prizes, and special discounts!
- Reduced price Private Lessons with Amanda Rose during
the online course, available for only $50 an hour! See Private Lessons for more info!
As an instructor my goal is to expand the mind of each of my students, to challenge them with technique that will set them free and teach them skills to allow their own artistic dreams come to fruition. It is never my goal to create dancers that look or dance like me, but to help each student and artist accomplish their own goals by giving them tools that will make the path to their own artistic expression more tangible. I appreciate all styles within the Middle Eastern dance genre, as well as other dance forms, and my desire is to help people express themselves how they wish to be seen regardless of style. I am a firm believer in understanding the roots and origin of movement styles, especially those based in culture and society, and then building your own expression with artistic integrity based in knowledge and thoughtful approach.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Fill out and submit AROnline Registration Form found here: Click here to fill out the AROnline Registration Form! (MUST DO!)
- Purchase your spot through the available Paypal buttons at the bottom of this page. (MUST DO!)
- Once you have completed 1 & 2, please fill out and return the following Amanda Rose Online Consent form before the start date of the session, if you're currently an Amanda Rose Online Alumni you will not need to fill this out again, but as a new student it is required and you will not be able to start class without! Click here to fill out the Amanda Rose Online Consent form. Without this form, you will not be permitted to start the session.
- If any of these steps are missing, the participant will not be allowed to start the series.