July 10th - July 31st
In this series short workshop summer series Amanda Rose will focus on the stylization of movement between Saidi/Folklore and Oriental. How to take movements from Oriental to Saidi style and standard style specific moves to use in a Saidi repertoire. Basic and intermediate Saidi technique will be reviewed and deepened. There will be sections on Saidi technique without cane, Saidi Technique with cane, combinations with various Saidi musics and information about influences of Reda Troupe and Reda technique. Combinations will focus on the integration of these moves, with and without cane, with a focus on the creation of a Saidi style and feeling within the movement.
This short workshop series is 2.5 hours long and will be available from July 10th until July 31st with unlimited access to the material. This allows for a full 3 weeks to explore, practice, review and engrain the available information in your own time and whenever you're available.
Personal Feedback is available for this series!!! If you sign up for this option you will be able to get personal feedback from Amanda Rose at the end of the series on your execution of the combinations, your general Saidi technique, etc. (If you do not wish to perform the combinations you can take videos of your performance of the techniques in the series and Amanda Rose will give you personalized feedback on this.)
This feedback will entail technique critique specifically towards the style of the combination, general technique suggestions, evaluation of strengths and weakness, posture, application, timing, drills and ideas for skill development! This tool is extremely valuable, not only do you get the class, technique, choreography application and breakdown, discussion and theory, you also will get direct feedback on your own performance of the material, an invaluable aspect many online classes don't offer!
The "Summertime Saidi" course will have a designated Facebook group for the duration of the course allowing participants to interact, ask questions and work through the material together. Amanda Rose will accessible through this group, as well a through email, for clarification or any questions you might have along the way. Additionally, during the course of the intensive Private Lessons with Amanda Rose will available at a discounted rate for course participants!
INCLUDED IN THIS SERIES
- Original Saidi Combinations from Amanda Rose
- Class/Video time 2-2.5hrs without repetition.
- Opportunity for additional training with material by having access to the videos for the entire series (3 weeks),
allowing you to take the class as many times as you wish within that time.
- Optional Personal Feedback from Amanda Rose!
- Beginning, Intermediate to advanced level material to inspire your
own combinations and incorporate into your own choreographies.
- Technique breakdown and explanation.
- Technique drills to develop the skills necessary for a high
level execution of the movements.
- Background theory about the material.
-Reda Troupe & Technique reference and explanation.
- Training in your own time and convenience.
- Interactive Facebook group to ask questions and engage
with other course participants and Amanda Rose.
- Returning Amanda Rose Online students receive first notice to sign up for classes, prizes, and special discounts!
- Reduced price Private Lessons with Amanda Rose during
the online course, available for only $50 an hour! See Private Lessons for more info!
As an instructor my goal is to expand the mind of each of my students, to challenge them with technique that will set them free and teach them skills to allow their own artistic dreams come to fruition. It is never my goal to create dancers that look or dance like me, but to help each student and artist accomplish their own goals by giving them tools that will make the path to their own artistic expression more tangible. I appreciate all styles within the Middle Eastern dance genre, as well as other dance forms, and my desire is to help people express themselves how they wish to be seen regardless of style. I am a firm believer in understanding the roots and origin of movement styles, especially those based in culture and society, and then building your own expression with artistic integrity based in knowledge and thoughtful approach.
COST & REGISTRATION
This "Summertime Saidi" workshop series is a 3 week series including: a workshop style class for 2.5 hours with Amanda Rose with full access to all of the class material throughout those 3 weeks. It includes an exploration of Saidi style, basic to advanced techniques and movements, technique with and without cane, combination breakdowns, stylization theory about the material, and the additional personal feedback option from Amanda Rose! As with all AROnline series, there will be an interactive Facebook group to engage with other course participants and have access to Amanda Rose for questions or comments. With access to the workshop for the entire series, it allows for study of the material in your own time, over the period of the week or even multiple times a week to maximize your training. The full cost of this AROnline Workshop Series is $35, $45 with Personal Feedback, and all can be paid by Paypal. A registration form for each participate must be filled out and received along with payment to confirm registration.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Fill out and submit AROnline Registration Form found here: Click here to fill out the AROnline Registration Form! (MUST DO!)
- Purchase your spot through the available Paypal buttons at the bottom of this page. (MUST DO!)
- Once you have completed 1 & 2, please fill out and return the following Amanda Rose Online Consent form before the start date of the session, if you're currently an Amanda Rose Online Alumni you will not need to fill this out again, but as a new student it is required and you will not be able to start class without! Click here to fill out the Amanda Rose Online Consent form. Without this form, you will not be permitted to start the session.
- If any of these steps are missing, the participant will not be allowed to start the series.
Here you will find an option to buy this Summertime Saidi Workshop or this Summertime Saidi workshop with personal feedback.